The staff of BTU wants to remind you to always be safe.
BTU crews can be seen out and about daily making repairs, investigating outages and maintaining our equipment. There are some instances that may require a BTU crew to work around your home or business.
BTU crews can be easily identified to ensure that the person you are seeing or speaking to is an employee of the utility. Here are a few things that you should know so you can ensure you are dealing with a member of the BTU team:
- BTU fleet vehicles are white and clearly marked with the BTU logo on each side of the vehicle. Additionally, there is a unit number associated with each vehicle that is located on the back of the vehicle.
- BTU employees working to repair services and equipment will be wearing a BTU uniform; tan, collared shirt with a stitched BTU logo.
- BTU crews will not show up at your residence after 5 p.m. unless you have called in to report a service issue or if there is an electric service problem near your home or business.
- Crews may need access to your electric meter or power lines around your residence, but will never request access to the inside of your home.
- If you are ever in doubt that you are dealing with a BTU representative, you can call us to find out if a crew has been dispatched to your home or business. During business hours call 979-821-5700 or after hours call our 24 hour dispatch, 979-822-3777.
- Should you feel that someone is posing as a representative of BTU, call the non-emergency number for the Bryan Police Department at 979-361-3888 to report them or 911 if you feel you are in immediate danger.