Budget Billing is a program BTU offers that allows qualifying customers the ability to pay the same amount each month for utility services. This program makes it easier for customers since they know how much their utility bill will be every month.
The Budget Billing amount varies for each customer. The fixed monthly billing amount is based on all services and is calculated from the most recent 12 bills. Electric and water amounts are based on actual electric and/or water consumption. When a customer begins the Budget Billing program their monthly bill amount will be the same for the next 12 months. There are rare exceptions to this, the billing amount may change if there is a huge difference in current consumption versus the consumption their bill was based on. After a year on the program and at the 13th month, the bill amount will be recalculated based on the most recent actual 12 months of consumption. Consumption amounts vary each month and year to year due to weather, equipment or appliance changes, etc. At the end of the 12 month period there will be an amount that is either owed by the customer or an amount that will be credited to the customer, this amount is the “settle-up” amount.
How Budget Billing Works:
- BTU averages your monthly bills for the last 12 months and establishes a fixed payment amount that will be the same for the next 12 months bills.
- Payments are deducted automatically from your checking or savings account through the BTU Bank Draft Program. If a bank draft is returned unpaid from the bank to BTU, the customer will be removed from Budget Billing.
- No late fees or service disconnections can occur while you are on this plan.
- To qualify for Budget Billing you must have 12 months of service at the same location and a satisfactory credit history with BTU.
- After 12 months the difference between your Budget Billing amount paid and your actual consumption charges are either due to be paid or credited to your BTU account. Then your Budget Billing amount is recalculated for the next 12 months.
- Anytime during the year if your Budget Billing payment amount and your actual consumption charges vary by too much, more than $200 owed to BTU, we would notify you by mail so an adjustment could be made to your payment amount. This would decrease your settle-up amount at the end of the 12 months
How to Sign Up:
- If you are interested in signing up for Budget Billing, please complete the form below. Your request and account will be reviewed and a customer service representative will be in touch with you. If your account qualifies for Budget Billing you can sign up for bank draft on our website and the representative will let you know how to proceed.
- You can request to be removed from the Budget Billing program at anytime. The variance amount will either be credited or must be paid when you are removed from Budget Billing.