Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) has contracted with Smith Mountain Investments to perform inspections and preservative treatment of wood electric distribution poles within parts of BTU’s Rural System. This program is part of an effort by BTU to identify poles that may need preventative maintenance or replacement as part of BTU’s overall preventative maintenance program. The […]
How to Manage Your Online Payment Profile
Welcome back! By now, you’ve likely followed the instructions for how to set up your payment profile in BTU’s new online payment system, and you’re reached your dashboard. If you haven’t set up your payment profile yet, click here to find out how.
Your dashboard will look similar to this:
Now it’s time to see all the great things that this system can do.
These step-by-step tutorials and instructions will guide you through the various tasks that you can accomplish through the new payment system. Click on any of the services boxes to see how to set up that service in your online payment profile.
How to Make an Online Payment
1. Click on “Pay My Invoices”
2. Select Invoices to Pay from your “Open Invoices”
3. Select When You’d Like to Pay
4. Select Your Payment Method
5. Enter Your Payment Information, Review Your Payment, and Hit the Submit Button
How to Set Up Recurring Payments
1. Click on “AutoPay”
2. Add a New Stored Payment Option
3. Input Your Credit Card or Bank Account Information
4. Enable Recurring Payments
5. Verify Your Recurring Payment Setup Through the Email That Was Sent to You
How to Set Up Paperless Billing
1. Click on “Paperless”
2. Click On the Green “Yes” Box, and Then Verify Your Changes Through the Email That Was Sent to You
How to Update Your Credit Card Information
1. Hover over “My Profile” and select “Payment Methods”
2. Click On the “Edit” link to edit your current credit card information.
3. Update your payment information, and click the “Save Credit Card Information” button.
How to Set Up Pay By Text
1. Click on “Pay By Text”
2. Select to Receive Invoice Notifications by Email and Text
3. Input the Phone Number of Your Mobile Device, Save Your Changes, and Then Follow the Instructions Texted to Your Device
How to Receive Notifications About Your Account at a Secondary Email Address
1. Click on “Update My Account Information”
2. Enter a “Courtesy Email Address,” and Save Your Changes