Texas811 is the largest on-call contact company in the country with more than 2,000 members. Founded in 1984 and known as Dig TESS until 2009, the non-profit organization has utility companies and municipalities as members to provide free underground utility marking for planned excavations. Texas811 provides around-the-clock availability by phone or online. Underground utilities include […]
The purpose of the BTU SmartBUSINESS program is to encourage customers to invest in energy efficiency improvements for their businesses, focusing on reducing the current demand of any measure by a minimum of 20 percent.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an owner of a non-residential structure within the BTU service territory.
- Be billed on a commercial or industrial rate.
- Provide proof that your project will meet the minimum requirement of a 20 percent reduction in demand.
- Provide before and after pictures of the project.
- Provide all invoices or receipts for the project.
Projects must be complete in the same fiscal year in which they are submitted (BTU’s fiscal year is October 1-September 30.) Projects completed in years prior are not eligible for this program.
To ensure your project qualifies, please contact the program administrator at 979.821.5830.
A completed SmartBUSINESS packet includes:
- A completed SmartBUSINESS application. (For a copy of the application please call 979-821-5830)
- Proof of the 20 percent reduction in kW demand for that measure.
- Before and after pictures of the project.
- All applicable invoices and receipts.
The items can be dropped off or mailed to:
Bryan Texas Utilities
205 E. 28th Street
Bryan, Texas 77803
Approved projects will be paid a one-time incentive payment of between 10 percent and 20 percent of the total project cost, depending on kW reduced, and not to exceed $30,000 per customer per fiscal year. Funds are subject to availability and may be terminated at any time without advanced notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of projects qualify for this program?
The most common projects we receive include upgrading interior or exterior lights to LED, replacing HVAC units or chillers, and other large equipment replacements to more efficient models. To ensure your project qualifies, please contact the program administrator at 979-821-5830.
Does adding insulation qualify for SmartBUSINESS?
Insulation does not qualify because it does not result in a reduction of demand.
Can I do multiple projects in one year?
Yes, but one customer can receive a maximum of $30,000 per year.