High school students can win an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., June 13-22, 2021, sponsored by Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU). The Government-in-Action Youth Tour is a youth leadership program sponsored by BTU and organized by Texas Electric Cooperatives and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association. For more than 50 years, electric utilities across the country […]
New Project Construction Process
BTU acknowledges that construction projects follow tight timelines, and we aim to make working with our staff a pleasant and efficient experience. To prevent unnecessary delays, please review the process outlined below.
- Contact the New Services Assistant at (979) 821-5770 to set up a new project.
- Projects will be assigned to a Line Design Technician the following business day.
- A Line Design Technician will contact you within 2 business days from the date the project is assigned to set up an on-site appointment to determine electric service requirements.
- The Technician will work with you to determine the best route for electric service, while applying BTU standards.
- BTU’s Line Extension Policy will be applied to determine the portion, if any, of the total project cost you will be responsible to pay. This is known as the customer Aid in Construction amount (AIC).
- Once the AIC is paid (if applicable) and all required documents are provided, the project will be forwarded to the Distribution Operations department to be scheduled for construction. Construction schedules vary, but typically project construction will begin within 5-7 business days.