Charah® Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, today announced that it is negotiating an Asset Purchase Agreement with the Texas Municipal Power Agency (TMPA) to acquire, remediate and redevelop the Gibbons Creek Steam Electric Station and Reservoir.
BTU Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation
- Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation License Agreement
- Wireless Installation Program and Pole Attachment Standards
- Annual Pole Attachment Rate
- Approved Contractors
- Questions? Here’s Who to Contact
- BTU Poles vs. City of Bryan Poles
- National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS)
- Dark Fiber Lease Agreement
The Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) distribution system can facilitate the delivery of the variety of communication services offered today. With a streamlined pole attachment process, BTU is dedicated to collaborating with various entities to assist with speed-to-market processes for future technologies.
As part of this pole attachment process, BTU will grant non-discriminatory access to its Eligible Poles for the installation of Wire Attachments, Network Nodes and Node Support Poles taking into account the burdens that Network Nodes place on BTU Facilities.
The Standard Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation License Agreement is for permitting the installation, ownership, lease, license, operation, and/or maintenance of wire Attachments and Network Nodes on or supported by BTU Service Poles. Installations shall be in accordance with the terms of BTU’s Standard Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation License Agreement, BTU’s Pole Attachment Standards, relevant City ordinances, the City of Bryan Design Manual for Right of Way Installations, the City of Bryan Right of Way Work Permit processes, City regulations or rules, and all other applicable codes and state or federal law.
Forms, requirements and diagrams referenced in BTU’s Wireless Installation Program and Pole Attachment Standards are listed below. Please click on the document title to obtain the most current version.
Appendix B: Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Program Forms
- B1: Application for Pole Attachment Permit
- B2: Application for Wireless Installation Permit
- B3: Request for Pre-Certification of Wireless System
- B4: Request for Waiver of Applicable Engineering Standards
- B5: Authorization for Make-Ready Electrical Construction
- B6: Reserve for Future Use
- B7: Completion of Licensee Construction
- B8: Notice to Proceed
- B9: Permit for Attachment or Network Node
- B10: Notice of Unauthorized Attachment or Unauthorized Network Node
- B11: Pole Attachment Standards Revision Request (PASRR)
- B12: Pole Attachment Standards Revision Request (PASRR) Comment Form
- B13: Notice of Safety Violation
- B14: Notice of Safety Violation Assess Charge
In accordance with the Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Standards, please see the most recent listing for engineering, electrical distribution construction, One-Touch Transfer construction, and vegetation management contractors that have been approved by BTU for the specified work.
BTU is not a guarantor of the contractors provided on this list. BTU, by making available a list of approved contractors, has not made and makes no representations or warranties of any nature, directly or indirectly, express or implied, as to performance of the contractors.
Selection of an approved contractor to perform the specified work is the sole decision of the Licensee. Any lists representing the approved contractors are of those companies and/or individuals who have performed work directly for BTU and or taken the time to request BTU to review their qualification to perform the specific work. It is not an endorsement by BTU of any product, service, individual or company. There is no work guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, as to the quality, cost or effectiveness of the work performed by the contractor, employees or subcontractors.
This list is related to Pole Attachment work only and is not inclusive of all contractors approved for work by BTU.
If you have questions related to the qualifications and or request to be added to this list of approved contractors, please email email@example.com.
Pole Attachment Rate
For inquiries about the annual Attachment Rate, the applicable Attachment Rate formula and the financial and operational inputs utilized by BTU in the calculation of the Attachment Rate formula, please contact BTU’s Chief Risk Officer at 979-821-5715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who To Contact
Under the Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Program, BTU’s Engineering Department will be the single point of contact for all who wish to attach infrastructure to BTU’s Eligible Poles. BTU’s Engineering Department is responsible for:
- Maintaining and implementing the Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Program
- Entity registration
- Enforcing and interpreting attachment agreements
- Processing applications for new pole attachments or removals
- Surveys of existing attachments
- Assisting with the inspection of completed installations
- Assisting with the billing and collections for all the above services
For questions or more information on the pole attachment program, please email email@example.com.
BTU poles vs. City of Bryan poles
The City of Bryan-related Poles that are not owned, operated, or maintained by Bryan Texas Utilities are the Traffic Signal Poles. For attachment to City of Bryan-related Poles, please refer to the City of Bryan Wireless Installation Program and Pole Attachment Standards and other related documentation.
Installations that will be located in the City of Bryan’s Right of Way should also refer to the City of Bryan Design Manual for Right of Way Installations and the City of Bryan Right of Way Work Permit processes.
The National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS) is an industry leader in providing efficient communication and work coordination while promoting cooperation and partnering to manage pole transfers, joint trench construction, pole attachments, and project notification.