Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU), through the assistance of a contractor, will be conducting an aerial inspection of various elements of the BTU power system on Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2023 through Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023. The contractor hired to do the work will be using a UAV Drone to inspect parts of the BTU transmission system. […]
Step-by-Step Process for Wireless Pole Installations
- Please follow the instructions in this Step-by-Step Process for submitting an application.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Use the Web Map utility to determine if a location is within the BTU service area: http://outages.btutilities.com/
1. Applicant: Review Wireless Standards and Requirements
- Download BTU Wireless Application Process Flowchart (PDF)
- Download and Review BTU Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Standards
- Verify Appendix A – Registration form has been submitted
2. Applicant: Apply for Pre-certification of Wireless Equipment
- Review Pre-Certification process in the BTU Pole Attachment and Wireless Installation Standards
- Download Request for Pre-Certification of Wireless System form
- Submit required FCC report (See Appendix D)
- Complete Equipment Mock-up Process
- Submit all required pre-certification documents to BTU-WirelessApp@aeparmia.com
Note: If there are any changes to wireless equipment, complete new pre-certification process
3. Applicant: Submit Site Selection Request Form (Optional)
- Complete Online Request Form
Note: Submit the Site Selection Form and required attachments for one site at a time.
- Submit site selection fee
Note: The site will not be scheduled until fee payment is received
- If a site is determined feasible, proceed to the next step
4. Applicant: Submit Wireless Installation Application Package
- Prior to submitting online Application Form, obtain Construction Drawing Template (.DWG file) by emailing BTU-WirelessApp@aeparmia.com
- Complete Online Application Form
Note: Submit the completed Application for Wireless Installation Permit Form and required attachments for one site at a time.
- Submit application payment
Note: An application is not considered “received” until the fee is paid.
- Submit evidence of application submittal to ROW jurisdiction
- If application is approved, proceed to the next step
- Program Manager: Mia Parton
5. Applicant: Pay all required fees for electric make ready estimate and professional services fees
- Note: The process is not considered complete until all fees are paid
6. BTU: Perform electric make ready (if applicable)
7. BTU: Issue Notice to Proceed to Licensee for wireless equipment and power service conduit installation
8. BTU: Perform inspection and testing
9. Applicant: After passing inspections, sign up for electric service; Provide as-built drawings and pay any remaining fees
10. BTU: Run electric service and install meter; Issue final permit
How to Pay Fees
Payment by US Postal Service
Attn: Macey Rivas
P.O. Box 1000
Bryan, TX 77805
Payment in person or via Ground Service
Attn: Macey Rivas
2205 Fountain Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801