Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU), through the assistance of a contractor, will be conducting an aerial inspection of various elements of the BTU power system on Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2023 through Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023. The contractor hired to do the work will be using a UAV Drone to inspect parts of the BTU transmission system. […]
Electric Vehicle Chargers in Downtown Bryan
BTU has installed two Level 2 electric vehicle chargers in Downtown Bryan for all members of the community to use. The Level 2 chargers are compatible with most electric vehicles and are easy to use.
Where are the EV chargers located?
Both chargers are located in Downtown Bryan.
- One is located on the south side in the parking lot at the 200 block of S. Bryan Avenue.
- The other is located on the north end on-street parking in the 400 block of N. Main Street.
- Both chargers have dedicated spaces painted green and marked with an EV logo.
How do I start a charging session?
- Tap to charge – After installing the Chargepoint smartphone app, you can hold your phone over the reader on the station and pay by using Apple Wallet or your Android tap and pay.
- Chargepoint App – Choose the station you wish to use and select “Start Charge.” This will charge to the funds that you load onto the app.
- Chargepoint Card – When you register for the app, you can get a Chargepoint card. Once you activate it, a simple tap on the reader on the station is all it takes to get started.
- Visit https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/support-faq/ for more information.
How much does charging cost?
The fees are a time-based structure. The first hour is $2 and $1 for each hour thereafter.
What if all of the charging slots are taken?
- You can click the “Notify When Available” button on the station screen in the app, and it will send you a notification when the current charging session has finished.
- You can use the “Waitlist” feature. This allows you to reserve the spot after the current vehicle finishes charging. The app sends you a notification and you can either accept it and move your vehicle to the spot right away or use the snooze feature to give your spot to the next person in line while you remain in line. If you don’t want to charge anymore, just leave the waitlist.
How do I report a problem with the station?
Please report any issues with the station by selection “Report a Problem” in the station’s information section. This will alert the support group to the fault.
What if I need help using the station?
Call Chargepoint’s 24-hour support line at 1-888-758-4389.