Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU), through the assistance of a contractor, will be conducting an aerial inspection of various elements of the BTU power system on Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2023 through Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023. The contractor hired to do the work will be using a UAV Drone to inspect parts of the BTU transmission system. […]
Stay Alert with Text Alerts
We are proud to announce the implementation of Text Power, a bi-directional text messaging notification system. BTU customers will now be able to receive real-time updates and easily report outages via text message.
Customers with an active cell phone number on file with BTU are automatically enrolled in the outage alerts text service. Once enrolled, customers can text the following key words to 979.821.5700:
- OUT – to report an outage.
- STATUS – for an outage update.
- HELP – for more information.
- QUIT – to opt out of outage alerts.
- TIP: Save 979.821.5700 in your phone as BTU or BTU Outage Alerts.
How do I sign up to receive messages?
All customers will be automatically opted in to the program using the cell phone number BTU has on file for the account. It is important to ensure that we have your current cell phone number on file. You can update your account information and cell phone number using our online form. You may also call 979.821.5700 to speak with a customer care specialist to update your information.
What if I have multiple locations within BTU’s service area?
You will receive messages for all locations that have the same cell phone number on the account.
- For example: if a customer owns a home on 1st Street and another on 5th Street, outage notifications will be sent for each location.
If a customer is self-reporting an outage, the system will ask the customer to clarify which location.
- For example: customer texts “OUT” to 979.821.5700. The system will respond prompting the customer to specify which location A) 1st Street or B) 5th Street. The customer can then respond with the appropriate letter, “A” or “B.”
I accidentally opted out of alerts. How do I opt back in?
Customers can easily opt back in by texting “BTU” to 979.821.5700.