May is National Electrical Safety Month. To celebrate, use the checklist below to inspect your home’s electrical system to keep your family safe all year long.
Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) continues to work with and encourage customers who have past due balances on utility bills to contact BTU to discuss arrangements for payment. BTU and College Station Utilities (CSU) recently issued a joint release stating that both utilities will resume assessing late penalties on June 15 and begin disconnections for non-payment on July 15.
In the interim, BTU customers who are in arrears will be mailed letters explaining various payment options and how to request payment arrangements. The letters will be mailed starting June 2, 2020.
On July 2, BTU will begin mailing termination letters to customers who have not yet either established a payment arrangement with BTU or received a pledge on their account. The termination letters will include the amount owed and the date by which payment must be received to avoid interruption of services. The earliest date of disconnection for non-payment will be Wednesday, July 15.
Customers who may have difficulty paying are encouraged to contact organizations that may assist by making pledges to accounts or to contact BTU to set up payment arrangements. Customers may set up a payment arrangement by completing an online form, by emailing ContactBTU@btutilities.com, or by calling 979.821.5700 and speaking with a customer service representative.
Customers may make payments via the following methods:
- Online at btutilities.com (detailed instructions on how to establish an online account can be found by clicking the “Log in/Register” link at the top of the page), pay by credit card or electronic check
- Kiosks, accept all payment types – cash, credit card, and check. Locations are:
- BTU drive-through, 205 E. 28th St., Bryan (open 24 hours)
- HEB, 725 E. Villa Maria Road, Bryan
- HEB, Texas Ave and Highway 21, Bryan
- Phone: 979.821.5700, using the interactive voice response system, pay by credit card or electronic check
- Drive-through at 205 E. 28th St., 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, pay by cash, credit card or check